State Farm Stadium is a multi-purpose retractable roof stadium in Glendale, Arizona, west of Phoenix. It is the home of the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL) and the annual Fiesta Bowl.
To ensure a seamless and enjoyable visit, it’s essential to be well-informed about the State Farm Stadium bag policy.
In this detailed guide, we will provide you with insights, expert advice, and answers to frequently asked questions, making your time at the stadium an unforgettable experience.
State Farm Stadium Bag Policy – Clear Bag
The State Farm Stadium Bag Policy is a clear bag policy, which means that only clear bags of a certain size are allowed into the stadium. This policy is in place to enhance public safety and speed up entry on game day.
Approved Bags under State Farm Stadium Bag Policy
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or 30.5 x 15.25 x 30.5 cm. This includes clear backpacks, clear fanny packs and clear cinch bags that fit within the permissible dimensions.
- No buckles, grommets/hardware or décor can be concealing any part of the bag.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag is allowed. (Ziplock bag or similar)
- Logo can only be on one side of the bag. Logos cannot exceed 3.4in wide x 4.5in high.
- Small bags, non-clear bags that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ in size, with or without a handle or strap. This type of bag can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags listed above.
Non-Approved Bags under State Farm Stadium Bag Policy
- Backpacks (non-clear)
- Fanny packs (non-clear)
- Purses (non-clear)
- Diaper bags (unless medically necessary)
- Hard-sided bags
- Coolers (unless medically necessary)
Exceptions under State Farm Stadium Bag Policy
- Medically necessary items will be allowed after proper inspection.
- Diaper bags will be allowed for infants and toddlers, but must be inspected at a designated gate.
- Small strollers are allowed, but must be inspected at a designated gate.
What items are not permitted inside State Farm Stadium?
The following items are not allowed inside State Farm Stadium:
- Aerosol cans
- Animals (except service animals)
- Bags that do not comply with the NFL Clear Bag Policy
- Banners or signs larger than 3 feet by 2 feet
- Beverages other than one factory-sealed, non-frozen 500mL (16.9 fl. oz.) bottle of plain water (sports drinks and flavored water are not permitted)
- Beverage containers, including glass bottles, cans, souvenir cups, and thermos bottles
- Cameras with professional photo lenses
- Cameras with professional lenses longer than 8 inches (Arizona Cardinals games only)
- Chewing tobacco
- Clothing deemed obscene or indecent
- Coolers of any kind
- E-cigarettes or vaporizer pens
- Food (except for children under the age of two)
- Footballs and beach balls (inflated or deflated)
- GoPro cameras
- Illegal drugs
- Laptop computers
- Laser pointers
- Monopods and tripods
- Noisemakers (whistles, horns, bells, etc.)
- Poles or sticks of any kind, including selfie sticks
- Seat cushions except those that are one piece and have no zippers, pockets, or concealable areas
- Skateboards, golf carts, roller blades, or hoverboards
- Souvenir popcorn buckets
- Umbrellas larger than 12 inches in length
- Unmanned aircraft systems (drones, etc.)
- Video cameras
- Weapons, including but not limited to explosives, firearms, and knives
- Any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by stadium security
Please note that this list is not exhaustive and stadium security reserves the right to disallow any item that they deem to be a safety hazard or security risk.
How strict is State Farm Stadium’s security check?
State Farm Stadium’s security check is strict, but similar to other NFL stadiums. All guests are required to walk through a metal detector and have their bags searched. The stadium has a clear bag policy, which means that only clear bags the size of a small purse or clutch are allowed inside. All other bags must be checked at the gate for a fee.
Watch the video for State Farm Stadium Security Check.
Is there a bag check or storage facility available at State Farm Stadium for items that do not meet the bag policy requirements?
Yes, there is a bag check facility at State Farm Stadium for items that do not meet the bag policy requirements. The bag check is located on the East and West sides of the stadium and is open on game days only. The fee for bag storage is $20 per bag. All sales are cashless.
The bag check facility will remain open 75 minutes after the end of the game or until all bags have been reclaimed (whichever is earlier).
Please note that State Farm Stadium is not responsible for any items lost or damaged while in the bag check facility.
If you are looking to avoid the bag check fee, you can also donate your purse or bag at a Handbag Handoff location prior to going through security. These receptacles are clearly marked as Handbag Handoff locations. All donated bags and purses are collected and donated to local area women’s shelters.
For more information contact information line at (623) 433-7101 or visit State Farm Stadium official website.
Your visit to State Farm Stadium promises excitement and unforgettable memories. By understanding the State Farm Stadium bag policy, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience. Keep the guidelines in mind, pack your essentials accordingly, and enjoy every moment of the event.