Caesars Superdome, located in New Orleans, Louisiana, is an iconic venue known for hosting various events, including NFL games, college football championships, concerts, and other large-scale gatherings.
As you prepare for your visit, it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the Caesars Superdome bag policy.
This article will provide you with all the necessary information about Caesars Superdome bag policy to ensure a hassle-free entry and a fantastic time at the Superdome.
Caesars Superdome Bag Policy
Caesars Superdome has a clear bag policy in place for all events, including NFL games, concerts, and other ticketed events. The policy is designed to enhance security and expedite the entry process for all guests.
Permitted Bags at Caesars Superdome Bag Policy:
- One clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″.
- One-gallon clear plastic bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ with or without a handle or strap.
Diaper bags allowed at Caesars Superdome
- Clear diaper bags (no larger than 12” X 6” X 12”) are permitted.
- Non-clear diaper bags are prohibited.
Medically Necessary Items exceptions
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection and tagging.
Prohibited Bags at Caesars Superdome Bag Policy:
- Backpacks of any size.
- Non-clear bags of any size.
- Oversized bags of any size.
- Fanny packs.
- Cinch bags.
- Drawstring bags.
- Mesh bags.
- Tote bags.
- Cooler bags.
- Camera bags.
- Laptop bags.
Caesars Superdome Allowed Items List
List of permitted items at the Caesars Superdome apart from clear bags mentioned above:
- Cell phones
- Rain gear
- Seat cushions
- Service animals
Food and drinks
- Sealed water bottles (up to 20 oz)
- Sealed soft drinks (up to 20 oz)
- Sealed food items (in original packaging)
- Empty cups or water bottles may be brought into the stadium to be filled at water fountains.
Prohibited Items at Caesars Superdome
The following items are prohibited in Caesars Superdome:
- Animals (with the exception of service dogs)
- Large/oversized bags. Maximum bag size is 12″ width x 12″ height x 6″ depth. (NOTE: This policy is subject to change depending on event tour management. Please refer to the specific event page for more information.)
- Fanny Packs
- Helium balloons
Other Prohibited Items
- Beach balls
- Large banners
- Large/oversized bags
- Laser pointers
- Mascot headwear of any kind
- Outside food and drink
- Selfie sticks
- Unauthorized marketing/soliciting/vending
- Video and audio recording devices (includes GoPros, etc.)
What happens if I bring a prohibited bag at Caesars Superdome?
If you bring a prohibited bag to the Caesars Superdome, you will not be allowed to enter the stadium. You will have the option of either discarding the prohibited item into a nearby refuse container provided at the stadium or securing the bag in your car, hotel, or other location. The Superdome does not claim check any type of bags.
Does Caesars Superdome have lockers?
No, Caesars Superdome does not have lockers. However, there are a few luggage storage options near the stadium.
If you need a place to store your belongings, you can use LuggageHero, a luggage storage service that has over 20 locations near the Superdome. You can store your luggage by the hour or by the day, and all of your belongings will be insured for up to $3,000.
Are there metal detectors and X-ray scanners in use for security checks at the Caesars Superdome entrances?
Yes, both metal detectors and X-ray scanners are used for security checks at the Caesars Superdome entrances. There are walk-through metal detectors at all entry gates.
Guests are asked to have all approved clear bags open and ready for screening. Express lanes are available at all entrances for guests without bags.
In addition to metal detectors and X-ray scanners, there are also security personnel who may conduct pat-downs.
What security measures are in place at Caesars Superdome to ensure the safety of attendees?
Caesars Superdome has a comprehensive security plan in place to ensure the safety of attendees. This plan includes a variety of measures, both physical and technological, that are designed to prevent and deter crime and violence at the stadium.
Physical security measures include:
- Metal detectors and X-ray scanners at all entrances to the stadium
- Pat-downs and bag searches by security personnel
- A large number of security cameras throughout the stadium
- A team of security guards who patrol the stadium grounds
Technological security measures include:
- A computerized system that tracks the movement of people and vehicles in and around the stadium
- A system of facial recognition cameras that can be used to identify potential criminals
- A system of gunshot detection sensors that can alert security personnel to the sound of gunfire
In addition to these physical and technological security measures, the Superdome also has a number of other safety programs in place, such as:
- A comprehensive emergency response plan
- A team of trained first responders
- A program to educate attendees about safety
Enjoy Your Visit to Caesars Superdome
In conclusion, being informed about the Caesars Superdome bag policy is essential for a seamless and enjoyable event experience.
By adhering to the guidelines, you can contribute to the safety and convenience of all attendees. Enjoy your visit to the iconic Caesars Superdome!