Welcome to a comprehensive guide on American Airlines Center bag policy. If you’re planning to attend a Dallas Stars game or an event at this iconic venue, understanding the bag rules are crucial for a seamless experience. Here, we’ll delve into the ins and outs of the policy, ensuring you’re well-prepared for your visit.
American Airlines Center Bag Policy
The American Airlines Center has a clear bag policy in place to ensure the safety and security of all guests.
What bags are allowed in American Airlines Center bag policy?
- Wristlets, clutches, or wallets that are no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″ are allowed at all entrances.
- Purses that are no larger than 14″ x 14″ x 6″ are allowed at designated X-ray entry points.
- Medical bags and parenting bags are also permitted, but they are subject to security inspection.
What bags are not allowed American Airlines Center bag policy?
- Large totes
- Duffel bags
- Any bag that is larger than the permitted sizes
What is the American Airlines Center bag size limit?
The American Airlines Center actually has two different bag size limits, depending on the type of bag:
For purses: The maximum size allowed is 14″ x 14″ x 6″. However, this is only permitted at designated X-ray entry points.
For all other bags: The maximum size allowed is significantly smaller, at 4.5″ x 6.5″. This size applies to wallets, clutches, and any other small bags you might bring.
What items are prohibited in bags at the American Airlines Center?
In addition to the size restrictions on bags at the American Airlines Center, several specific items are prohibited altogether, regardless of whether they’re in a bag or not.
Prohibited items at American Airlines Center Arena:
- Firearms and ammunition: This includes pellet and BB guns, even with a license. The only exception is for credentialed law enforcement officers with proper ID.
- Knives and other bladed weapons: This includes pocket knives, multi-tools, and any other item with a sharp edge.
- Explosives and incendiary devices: This includes fireworks, flares, smoke bombs, and anything else that could cause an explosion or fire.
- Pepper spray and other chemical irritants: This includes mace, bear spray, and any other substance that could be used to harm or incapacitate someone.
- Alcohol: You cannot bring in any outside alcohol, and alcoholic beverages served inside the arena are limited to 24 ounces.
- Glass containers: This includes bottles, jars, and any other container made of glass.
- Illegal drugs: This includes marijuana, even if it is legal in your state.
- Large coolers and thermoses: You can bring sealed, commercially produced water bottles but not large coolers or thermoses.
- Promotional items, flyers, or printed materials: Distribution without written permission is prohibited.
- Drones and remote-controlled flying devices: These are not allowed inside or outside the arena.
Is there a bag check service at the American Airlines Center?
Unfortunately, the American Airlines Center does not offer a bag check service. They have a strict bag policy in place to ensure safety and security within the arena, and all bags must comply with their size and type restrictions. This means you cannot check larger bags or bags that don’t meet the allowed dimensions.
Are diaper bags allowed inside American Airlines Center?
Diaper bags are allowed inside the American Airlines Center, but they are subject to the same size restrictions as other bags and are treated as your one permitted bag. Diaper bags are subject to security inspection.
Are medical bags exempt from the American Airlines Center bag policy?
Yes, medical bags are exempt from the American Airlines Center bag policy, meaning they can be brought in even if they exceed the typical size restrictions for purses. The medical bag is subject to security inspection. The bag should only contain legitimate medical needs.
If you have any concerns or require special accommodations due to your medical needs, it’s best to reach out to American Airlines Center Guest Relations in advance of your visit. They can provide guidance and ensure a smooth entry process. Guest Relations is open one hour prior and one hour after every event. You may contact Guest Services during these hours at 214-665-4535.
Enjoy Your Visit to American Airlines Center
American Airlines Center bag policy is the key to an enjoyable event experience. By adhering to the guidelines, you’ll navigate the entry process seamlessly, focusing on the excitement within. Now, gear up for your event, and we’ll see you at the American Airlines Center!