Heading to the Bell Centre for an exciting event? Understanding the Bell Centre Bag Policy is crucial for a smooth entry.
Whether you’re catching a hockey game, concert, or other events, knowing what you can and cannot bring can save you time and frustration.
Let’s delve into the ins and outs of the Bell Centre Bag Policy to ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Bell Centre Bag Policy
Bell Centre has a strict no bag policy in effect for all events. This means that no backpacks, coolers, sports bags, or any other type of bag is allowed inside the venue, regardless of size. There are also restrictions on the size of purses and clutches.
- All bags are prohibited, regardless of size.
- Purses and clutches must be no larger than 35cm x 35cm x 15.25cm.
- Bags must be able to fit under your seat.
- There is no coat check or bag check available on site.
- You are encouraged to leave any bags at home or in your hotel room.
What items are prohibited according to the Bell Centre Bag Policy?
Bell Centre’s bag policy goes beyond just restrictions on types of bags. Here is the list of prohibited items at Bell Centre to keep in mind:
- Hard-covered briefcases.
- Any weapons, knives, aerosols, or dangerous objects. This includes pepper spray, blunt objects, and anything deemed risky by security.
- Flags, banners, or posters that obstruct other audience members’ views.
- Outside food, drinks, alcohol, glass bottles, and cans.
- Professional cameras with lenses over 2.5 inches or detachable lenses.
- Professional video/audio recording equipment, selfie sticks, or similar monopods.
- Drones or other similar objects.
- Any object that makes noise, like bells or horns.
- Animals (except for service animals).
- Fireworks or other pyrotechnical devices.
- Laser pointers.
- Computers and tablets.
- Medication and medical supplies: While allowed, they may be subject to additional security checks.
- Cigarettes and e-cigarettes: Although not explicitly mentioned in the bag policy, smoking is prohibited inside the Bell Centre.
Are there any exceptions to the Bell Centre Bag Policy?
Yes, there are a few exceptions to the Bell Centre Bag Policy, but they are limited and require specific conditions:
- Small purses and clutches: These must be no larger than 35cm x 35cm x 15.25cm and must fit comfortably under your seat.
- Diaper bags: These are allowed, but they will be subject to a security search and may require documentation proving you have a child with you.
- Medical bags: These are allowed, but you must have a doctor’s note to bring them in and they will be subject to a security search.
Can I bring a clear bag to the Bell Centre?
While the Bell Centre’s official policy doesn’t explicitly mention clear bags, it’s generally not recommended to bring one unless it meets the specific size requirements for allowed purses/clutches (no larger than 35cm x 35cm x 15.25cm) and can comfortably fit under your seat.
Is there a separate bag policy for children at the Bell Centre?
No, the Bell Centre’s bag policy applies equally to all patrons, regardless of age. This means that children are subject to the same restrictions as adults, with no exceptions based on their age.
Are there any restrictions on food and drinks under the Bell Centre Bag Policy?
Yes, there are strict restrictions on food and drinks under the Bell Centre Bag Policy. No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the venue, regardless of what you bring them in. This includes:
- All food items: Snacks, sandwiches, meals, desserts, etc.
- All beverages: Water, soda, juice, coffee, alcohol, etc.
- Containers: Bottles, cans, thermoses, coolers, etc.
- Medically necessary items: If you require specific food or drinks for medical reasons, you may be able to bring them in with proper documentation from a doctor.
- Baby formula and food: These are allowed for babies and young children, but they will be subject to a security search.
Enjoy Your Visit to Bell Centre, Montreal
Familiarizing yourself with the Bell Centre Bag Policy is essential for a seamless and enjoyable experience. By adhering to the guidelines, planning ahead, and staying informed, you can make the most of your visit to this iconic venue.