However, finding suitable parking at Ford Field can be a challenge. In this comprehensive guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to navigate the Ford Field parking situation like a pro. Let’s dive in.
Ford Field Parking Map
Where can I find the closest parking lots or garages to Ford Field?
The closest parking lots to Ford Field are Lot 4 and the Ford Field Parking Deck. Lot 4 is located just north of the stadium, while the Ford Field Parking Deck is located just east of the stadium. Both lots are a short walk to the stadium, but Lot 4 is slightly closer.
Other close parking options include the Greektown Casino Garage and the Harmonie Park Lot. The Greektown Casino Garage is located about 1.3 miles from Ford Field, but it is a short walk through Greektown to the stadium. The Harmonie Park Lot is located about 0.3 miles from Ford Field and is a short walk through the Eastern Market to the stadium.
If you are looking for a more affordable parking option, you can park at 440 Madison St. This lot is located about 0.2 miles from Ford Field and costs $24.99 to park. However, you will need to walk a few blocks to the stadium from this lot.
How much does parking cost at Ford Field?
Parking at Ford Field can range in price from $10 to $50, depending on the location and time of day. The most expensive parking is in the stadium’s official garages, which cost $50 for a single game. There are also a number of public parking lots and garages near the stadium that offer more affordable rates, starting at $10.
If you’re looking to save money on parking, you can reserve a spot in advance through a parking app like SpotHero or ParkWhiz. These apps often offer discounts of up to 50% off the standard rates.
Here is a breakdown of the different parking options at Ford Field:
- Official garages: $10-$50 per game
- Public parking lots: $10-25 per game
- Parking apps: $10-30 per game
It’s important to note that parking at Ford Field is first-come, first-served. If you’re planning to arrive late, you may have to park in a more distant lot or garage, which will cost more.
Is there any free parking available near Ford Field?
There is no free parking directly adjacent to Ford Field. However, there are a few free parking options within a short walk of the stadium. These include:
- Gem Garage (200 Madison St.): This garage is located about a 10-minute walk from Ford Field. Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, and then there is a $2/hour rate.
- Detroit Athletic Club (241 Madison St.): This club offers free parking for members and their guests.
- Central United Methodist Church (1545 Broadway St.): This church offers free parking on Sundays and game days.
- Smart Park Lot #66 (97 Winder Street): This lot is located about a 15-minute walk from Ford Field. Parking is free for the first 2 hours, and then there is a $2/hour rate.
If you are willing to walk a bit further, there are also a number of metered parking spots available on the streets around Ford Field. These spots are free after 6pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.
Are there any reserved parking options at Ford Field?
Yes, there are a few reserved parking options at Ford Field. These options are available for purchase through ParkWhiz or SpotHero.
Ford Field Parking Deck: This is the closest parking garage to Ford Field, and it offers reserved parking spaces on a first-come, first-served basis. Prices start at $25 per event.
Lot 4: This lot is located just north of Ford Field, and it offers reserved parking spaces for guests with disabilities. Prices start at $10 per event.
Other lots and garages: There are a number of other lots and garages near Ford Field that offer reserved parking. Prices vary depending on the lot or garage.
What are the parking hours at Ford Field?
Parking at Ford Field is available 4 hours prior to kick-off and closes 1 hour after the game ends. For example, if a game starts at 1pm, parking opens at 11am and closes at 1 hour after the game ends.
However, parking hours may vary depending on the event. For example, parking for concerts may open earlier than 3 hours prior to showtime. It is always best to check the event details on the Ford Field website to confirm parking hours.
Are there any designated accessible parking spaces at Ford Field?
Yes, there are designated accessible parking spaces at Ford Field. They are available in Lot 4 and the Ford Field Parking Deck. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis to guests with the appropriate disabled permit and a state-issued license plate or placard. Parking facilities are ADA compliant. Guests needing assistance can enter through most Ford Field gates and may utilize any passenger elevator.
Here are the locations of the accessible parking spaces:
- Lot 4: Located just north of Ford Field, east of Brush and south of Montcalm. Enter Lot 4 from Montcalm.
- Ford Field Parking Deck: Located just east of Ford Field on St Antoine.
Please note that strollers, car seat carriers, and diaper bags are not permitted at Ford Field.
Are there any parking discounts or special offers for events at Ford Field?
Yes, there are a few parking discounts and special offers available for events at Ford Field.
- Ford Field Season Passholders: Season passholders can purchase a Ford Field Parking Pass, which provides them with access to reserved parking in Lot 4 for all regular season home games.
- Active Military and Veterans: Active military and veterans can receive a $5 discount on parking at Ford Field for all regular season home games. They must show a valid military ID or DD214 form at the parking booth to receive the discount.
- Senior Citizens: Senior citizens (62+) can receive a $5 discount on parking at Ford Field for all regular season home games. They must show a valid driver’s license or other identification that shows their age at the parking booth to receive the discount.
- Group Sales: Groups of 20 or more people can receive a group parking discount at Ford Field for all regular season home games. The discount is based on the number of people in the group and the type of event.
In addition to these discounts, there are also a few special offers that are available from time to time. For example, Ford Field may offer a free parking promotion for a specific game or event. These promotions are typically announced on the Ford Field website or social media pages.
Are there any alternative transportation options to Ford Field besides parking?
Yes, there are a few alternative transportation options to Ford Field besides parking. These include:
- Public transportation: The following public transportation options can take you to Ford Field:
- QLINE: The QLINE is a streetcar that runs through downtown Detroit. The closest stop to Ford Field is the Rosa Parks Transit Center, which is located just east of the stadium.
- SMART Bus: The SMART Bus is a regional bus system that serves the Detroit metropolitan area. The closest SMART Bus stop to Ford Field is the Brush-Montcalm Transit Center, which is located just north of the stadium.
- DDOT Bus: The Detroit Department of Transportation (DDOT) operates a number of bus routes that serve downtown Detroit. The closest DDOT Bus stop to Ford Field is the Montcalm-Brush Transit Center, which is located just north of the stadium.
- Ride-hailing services: Ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft can also be used to get to Ford Field. The closest pick-up and drop-off locations for these services are located at the Rosa Parks Transit Center and the Brush-Montcalm Transit Center.
- Walking: Ford Field is located in downtown Detroit, so it is also possible to walk to the stadium from many parts of the city. The walk from the Rosa Parks Transit Center is about 0.4 miles, and the walk from the Brush-Montcalm Transit Center is about 0.2 miles.
Navigating Ford Field Parking doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By following this guide, you can enjoy a seamless and stress-free parking experience on game days.
Remember to plan ahead, arrive early, and explore various parking options to find the one that best suits your needs. So, gear up, grab your parking pass, and get ready to cheer on your favorite team at Ford Field!