MetLife Stadium Parking: MetLife Stadium is the home of the New York Giants and the New York Jets. It’s the place where legends are born, and dreams are made. But before you can witness the glory on the field, you need to figure out one thing – where to park your car at MetLife Stadium.
This may sound like a small issue, but trust me, it can make or break your entire experience. In this ultimate guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about parking at MetLife Stadium. So buckle up, grab a snack, and let’s dive in!
MetLife Stadium Parking Map
There are total 16 parking lots at MetLife Stadium parking area i.e. Lot A to Lot P.
Metlife Stadium Location and Parking Overview
MetLife Stadium is located at 1 MetLife Stadium Drive, East Rutherford, New Jersey 07073. It is located in the Meadowlands Sports Complex, which is about 5 miles west of New York City.
There are over 28,000 parking spaces available at MetLife Stadium parking lots and garages and the surrounding Meadowlands Sports Complex.
What are your Parking Options at MetLife Stadium?
There are two options for parking at MetLife Stadium-
1- Parking for a General Event or Non- NFL Event ( Concerts, Soccer, etc.)
2- Parking For NFL Event at Metlife Stadium
MetLife Stadium Parking for a General Event or Non- NFL Event ( Concerts, Soccer, etc.)
MetLife Stadium hosts multiple events like Concerts, Soccer games etc. These events have different parking plans, prices than a NFL game parking at MetLife Stadium.
MetLife Stadium Parking Lot opening and closing hours for non NFL Event
MetLife stadium Parking Lot has fixed timing for opening and closing. You should know the exact timing so that you would not have to face any difficulty before the event.
MetLife Stadium parking lots will be available for use five hours before the scheduled start time of an event, and will remain open for two hours after the conclusion of the event. If you arrive before the designated five-hour period you will not be allowed to enter the Sports Complex and may be redirected to vacate the surrounding roads.
Opening Hours – 5 hours before the event.
Closing Hours – 2 hours after the end of an event.
Please note access to the Metlife Stadium parking lots, prior to posted opening time, and overnight parking are not permitted on the MetLife Sports Complex.
How much is parking at MetLife Stadium for Non-NFL Events (Concerts, Soccer, etc.)?
MetLife Stadium parking generally range from $40 to $160. The closer you park to the MetLife stadium, the more expensive it will be. If you’re looking to save some money, we recommend parking further away and taking a shuttle bus to the stadium.
Generally the parking fees at MetLife Stadium for Non NFL events are as follows-
- Cars parking at MetLife Stadium: $40 Per
- Bus/RV parking at MetLife Stadium: $160 Per
- Limousine parking at MetLife Stadium: $100 Per
You don’t have to purchase a pre-paid parking permit as they are not required or available for these events. However, if you happen to snag a VIP or Suite Package, you might receive a parking permit on your tickets. Just keep that in mind before coming to an event.
Parking For NFL Event at MetLife Stadium
MetLife Stadium has several parking options available for its visitors. Here are the four main options you can choose from:
- General Parking
- Bus/RV Parking
- Charter bus parking/Taxi’s + Limos
- Premium Parking
- Accessible Parking
Each of these options comes with its own perks and prices, so make sure you choose the one that suits your needs and budget.
MetLife Stadium Parking Map for New York Jets Game
MetLife Stadium Parking Map for New York Gaints Game
How Much Does MetLife Stadium parking cost for NFL games?
Parking prices at MetLife Stadium can vary depending on the event you’re attending. However, the prices generally range from $30 to $150. The closer you park to the stadium, the more expensive it will be. If you’re looking to save some money, we recommend parking further away and taking a shuttle bus to the stadium.
The “GOLD” permit will get a guest into any “Gold” Lots (Lots B, D, J, K, L, M, P, Deck A and all lots near American Dream)
The “PLATINUM” permit will get a guest into any “Platinum” Lot (Lots E, F or G)
How to Pre-Purchase Parking for an NFL Game?
If you want to avoid the hassle of finding a parking spot on the day of the event, you can pre-purchase parking. This will not only save you time but also ensure that you have a spot reserved for you. You can purchase parking online or through the Ticketmaster app. Just make sure you print out your parking pass and bring it with you on the day of the event.
Guests without prepaid permits may also park at the off-site lot located at 20 Murray Hill Parkway, East Rutherford, NJ 07073 for $50 (cash/credit card accepted).Please note this lot is only open for Giants Home Games.
Is there accessible parking at Metlife Stadium for visitors with disabilities, and how to access it?
Yes, there is accessible parking for visitors with disabilities at MetLife Stadium. It is available in Lots E, F, and G.
To access it, you will need to have a valid ADA license plate or hang tag. Metlife Stadium accessible parking is closely monitored to ensure that only those who are authorized to park in these spaces do so.
To get to the accessible parking lot, you can follow the signs for “ADA Parking” from any stadium roadway access point. Traffic and Parking team members will direct you to Lot C, which is the designated drop-off area for guests with disabilities. From there, you can take a shuttle to the stadium entrance.
Dedicated drop-off area for guests with disabilities is also available at MetLife Stadium and is located in Lot C, which is adjacent to the Verizon Gate.
Best Parking Options at MetLife Stadium
Let’s start with the best parking options at the stadium. We know that finding a parking spot can be stressful, especially when you’re running late. But fear not, we’ve got a few options that will make your parking experience a breeze.
- Lot E: If you want to be as close to the stadium as possible, then Lot E is your best bet. This lot is located right next to the stadium and is perfect for those who don’t want to walk far.
- Lot D: Another great option is Lot D, which is located just a short walk away from the stadium. This lot is perfect for those who don’t mind a little bit of exercise and want to avoid the crowds.
- Uber or Lyft: If you don’t want to deal with parking at all, then using a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft is a great option. Rideshare zone is located in Parking Lot E. The drop-off point is located right in front of the stadium, so you won’t have to walk far.
Are there any shuttle services or public transportation options to get to the Metlife stadium?
Yes, there are a number of shuttle services and public transportation options to get to MetLife Stadium.
- Coach USA offers the 351 Meadowlands Express bus service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City to MetLife Stadium. Buses run frequently on game days, starting two and a half hours before the game and continuing to run until one hour after the game. Round-trip tickets cost $14.00 and one-way tickets cost $7.00.
- NJ TRANSIT offers special shuttle train service from Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium on game days. Trains run every 10-20 minutes, starting three and a half hours before the game and continuing to run every 10 minutes after the game. Shuttle train service is included in the price of a regular NJ TRANSIT rail ticket.
- NJ TRANSIT offers regular rail service to Secaucus Junction from Penn Station in New York City and from many other locations in New Jersey. From Secaucus Junction, you can transfer to the Meadowlands Rail Line, which will take you to MetLife Stadium. The Meadowlands Rail Line runs frequently on game days, starting three and a half hours before the game and continuing to run every 10 minutes after the game.
- Metro-North Railroad offers regular train service to Grand Central Terminal in New York City from many locations in Connecticut and New York State. From Grand Central Terminal, you can take the subway to Penn Station and then transfer to NJ TRANSIT to get to MetLife Stadium.
Are there any electric vehicle charging stations available in the parking areas at Metlife Stadium?
Yes, there are electric vehicle charging stations available in the parking areas at MetLife Stadium. There are currently 10 charging stations located throughout the stadium parking lots. The charging stations are provided by EVgo and are compatible with all types of electric vehicles.
To use the charging stations, you will need to create an account with EVgo and download the EVgo app. You can then use the app to find and activate a charging station. The app will also show you the current charging status of your vehicle.
The charging stations at MetLife Stadium are Level 2 chargers, which means that they can charge your vehicle more quickly than a standard household outlet. Level 2 chargers can typically charge an electric vehicle in 4-8 hours.
What is the Tailgating Policy at MetLife Stadium?
Tailgating is a popular tradition at MetLife Stadium. However, there are rules you need to follow if you want to tailgate. These include:
- Tailgating is only allowed in parking lots.
- Tailgating is only allowed in designated areas.
- Tailgating is not allowed after kick-off.
- You can’t save parking spaces for other people.
Make sure you follow these rules to avoid getting in trouble with security.
MetLife Stadium Parking FAQs
What Happens if You Lose Your Parking Pass of MetLife Stadium?
If you lose your parking pass, don’t panic. You can visit the MetLife Stadium Box Office and get a replacement pass for a fee of $50. Just make sure you bring your ID and the credit card used to purchase the original parking pass.
What Happens if You’re Running Late?
If you’re running late and don’t want to miss the event, you can use the Uber Pickup and Drop-off zone. This is located in Lot E and is only available for Uber users. You can also use the NJ Transit train service, which drops you off right at the MetLife stadium.
Is overnight parking allowed at the MetLife Stadium?
No, overnight parking is not allowed at MetLife Stadium.
Is tailgating allowed at the MetLife Stadium?
Yes, Tailgating is allowed at the MetLife Stadium. The Stadium has designated tailgating areas where you can grill, eat, and drink before the game.