Rogers Place, situated in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, stands as a hub for various events and gatherings. Navigating the Rogers Place parking options crucial for a hassle-free experience.
This guide aims to provide comprehensive insights into the parking scenario at Rogers Place. Let’s get in!
Rogers Place Parking Map, Edmonton
Rogers Place Location and Parking Overview
Rogers Place is a multi-purpose indoor arena located at 10214 – 104 Avenue NW in downtown Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
It is the home of the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL) and the Edmonton Oil Kings of the Western Hockey League (WHL). It also hosts concerts, sporting events, and other events.
Checkout: Rogers Place Seating Guide
Overview of the parking options at Rogers Place
There are several parking options available near Rogers Place in Edmonton. Here are some of the closest and most popular choices:
ICE District Central Parkade: This parkade is located on the north side of 103 Ave just west of 103 St. It offers 792 stalls with 6’10” (2.08 m) clearance and quick indoor access to Rogers Place via the ICE District Central Parkade P1 elevator or through the Stantec Tower Level Two pedway.
Impark Lots: There are several other Impark lots located near Rogers Place, including Lot #404 at 10230 – 105 Avenue, Lot #500 at 10220-104 Ave, and the Impark lot on 102 St NW. Rates at these lots vary depending on the location and time of day, but are generally cheaper than the ICE District Central Parkade.
Where is the best place to park for Rogers Place Edmonton?
The best place to park for Rogers Place depends on your budget and priorities.
- ICE District Central Parkade: closest, covered, connected to Rogers Place. (Expensive)
- Grand Villa Casino Parkade: next door, covered, easy access. (Costly)
- MNP Tower Parkade: few blocks away, cheaper, connected to pedway.
- Commerce Place Parkade: short walk, reasonable rates.
- On-street parking: free/cheap, requires attention to restrictions.
- Park and ride: free parking, shuttle to downtown.
Consider time of day, events, and accessibility when choosing.
How much is parking at Rogers Place Edmonton?
Parking rates at Rogers Place Edmonton vary depending on the event and the parking lot you choose. Generally, parkades cost between $20-$30, surface lots cost $15-$20, and street parking costs $2/hour.
The most convenient and secure option is usually the ICE District Central Parkade, which is located right next to Rogers Place and costs $27 for events and $20 for non-events.
Other parking options near Rogers Place include:
- Commerce Place Parkade: Located a 10-minute walk away, this parkade offers hourly, daily, and monthly rates starting at $8 for the first hour.
- Impark Lot: Located across the street from Rogers Place, this surface lot offers event parking for $25.
- Grand Villa Casino Parking: Located a 5-minute walk away, this parkade offers event parking for $25.
Is there accessible parking available near Rogers Place Edmonton for people with diabilities?
Yes, there are several accessible parking options near Rogers Place Edmonton for people with disabilities. The closest option is ICE District Central Parkade.
There is also an accessible drop off zone located along the north side of 104 Avenue and the west side of 102 Street, north of 104 Avenue.
Accessible parking stalls are clearly marked with the international symbol of accessibility. Stalls are wider than standard parking stalls to allow for easier access for people with disabilities. Some accessible parking stalls may be equipped with van-accessible features, such as a lowered curb and additional space for maneuvering.
If you have any questions, you can contact Rogers Place Guest Services at 780-414-5200.
Is tailgating allowed near Roger Place Edmonton?
Tailgating is not explicitly allowed or prohibited on public property near Rogers Place in Edmonton. However, there are some restrictions to be aware of:
City of Edmonton Bylaw:
- Consumption of alcohol in public: Consuming alcohol on public property is prohibited by city bylaws unless authorized by a permit. This includes sidewalks, streets, parks, and plazas surrounding Rogers Place.
- Open fires: Open fires are prohibited on public property, including barbecues and grills.
- Obstruction of traffic or pedestrians: Tailgating activities must not obstruct traffic or pedestrian flow.
- Noise restrictions: Noise levels must be reasonable and not disturb the peace of others.
Rogers Place Policies:
- Tailgating is not officially permitted on Rogers Place property.
- While specific details are not readily available, large gatherings and activities that might disrupt operations or create safety concerns are likely to be discouraged or prohibited.
What are the alternative transportation options to Rogers Place Edmonton?
There are several alternative transportation options available for getting to Rogers Place in Edmonton. Here are some of the most popular:
Light Rail Transit (LRT): This is the most recommended option by Rogers Place itself. The Capital Line gets you within walking distance of the arena, with additional trains running during peak periods and major events. Stations like Bay/Enterprise Square (closest), Churchill, Central, MacEwan and Corona are all within a short walk of the arena.
Bus: Over 40 bus routes stop within a short walking distance of Rogers Place. Check the Edmonton Transit System (ETS) website or app for the best route for your starting location.
ETS On-Demand: This service offers a more flexible alternative to traditional bus routes. You can book a ride using the ETS On-Demand app, and the service will pick you up and drop you off at designated locations within the service area.
Ridesharing: Services like Uber and Lyft are available in Edmonton and can be a convenient way to get to Rogers Place.
Taxi: Taxis are readily available in Edmonton and can be a good option if you’re traveling in a group.
Charter bus or yellow bus: For large groups, chartering a bus can be a cost-effective way to get to Rogers Place. There is dedicated space for charter buses to drop off and pick up passengers north of the arena.
Enjoy Your Visit to Rogers Place Edmonton
Navigating Rogers Place parking can significantly impact your overall experience. By following this comprehensive guide, attendees can optimize their visit, ensuring a hassle-free and enjoyable time at Rogers Place, Edmonton.