Welcome to the comprehensive SAP Center Parking Guide! Attending events or visiting the SAP Center in San Jose demands a stress-free parking plan.
This guide is your go-to resource, offering savvy tips, insider knowledge, and detailed insights to optimize your parking experience.
Let’s dive into the ins and outs of parking at the SAP Center, ensuring your visit is memorable for all the right reasons.
SAP Center Parking Map, San Jose
Checkout: Sap Center Seating Guide
SAP Center Location and Parking Overview
The SAP Center at San Jose is situated in the heart of downtown San Jose, California, at 525 San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113, USA. Here’s an overview of its location and parking options:
- Situated in the heart of downtown San Jose, with convenient access to various public transportation options like the VTA light rail and Caltrain.
- Easily accessible by car, with several major highways and freeways nearby, including I-880, I-280, and US-101.
- Surrounded by several hotels, restaurants, and entertainment venues, making it a great location for a pre- or post-event outing.
SAP Center Parking Lots
The official SAP Center parking lots are located within a 1/3-mile radius of the arena, with a total of over 1,500 spaces available. Here’s official SAP Center Parking Lots:
SAP Center ABC Lot: This is the largest and most convenient lot, located directly next to the arena with entry from either Santa Clara Street or Julian Street. It has approximately 1,500 spaces and is typically the first to fill up.
SAP Center Lot D: This smaller lot is located across the street from the arena on Cahill Street. It has approximately 500 spaces and is a good option if the ABC Lot is full.
Cahill Lot 1 & 2: These two surface lots are located on Cahill Street, a short walk from the arena. They have a combined total of approximately 500 spaces and are a good option if the other closer lots are full.
In addition to these official lots, there are also a number of privately-owned parking lots in the area. These lots can be a good option if you’re looking for a cheaper or closer spot. However, be sure to check the rates and availability before you park.
Best Parking spots at SAP Center San Jose
The best parking spot at SAP Center depends on your priorities. On-site lots like ABC (Santa Clara entrance) offer the closest access but come with a hefty price tag and post-event traffic woes.
For a slightly cheaper option, consider Lot D or off-site garages like San Pedro Square, offering a short walk and more wallet-friendly rates.
If budget is your main concern, street parking is available, but be prepared for a potential hunt.
How much does it cost to park at SAP Center San Jose?
The cost of parking at SAP Center San Jose can vary depending on the event and the type of parking you choose.
On-site parking cost: The main on-site parking lot (ABC Lot) typically charges $25-$35 for events. Season ticket holders can purchase prepaid parking for a guaranteed spot in this lot.
Off-site parking cost: There are many off-site parking options near the SAP Center, with rates ranging from $10 to $20 per event. You can find these parking options on websites like SpotHero and Parkopedia.
Street parking: There is limited street parking available near the SAP Center, typically metered at $1 per hour. However, it can be difficult to find a spot on event days.
SAP Center designated accessible parking for people with disabilities
Designated accessible parking spaces are available in the main onsite parking lot (ABC Lot). These spaces are located on a first-come, first-served basis. To park in one of the designated spaces, you must have a valid disabled person license plate or placard.
In addition to the designated accessible parking spaces in Lot ABC, SAP Center also provides accessible drop-off/pick-up areas in the following locations:
- Montgomery Street: Across from The BMW Lounge
- Barack Obama Blvd: Near the SAP Center box office
- Cahill Street: Between San Pedro Street and Tasman Drive
- Montgomery/St. John Street: Near the SAP Center Ticket Office
Accessible parking spaces are available for all events held at the SAP Center, including Sharks games, concerts, and other events.
The cost of parking in an accessible space is the same as the cost of parking in a standard space. You can purchase pre-paid parking passes for accessible spaces online or at the SAP Center box office.
If you have any questions about ADA parking at SAP Center, you can call the SAP Center guest services department at (408) 287-7070.
Is tailgating allowed at SAP Center at San Jose?
No, tailgating is not allowed at SAP Center at San Jose. This is due to a San Jose City Ordinance that prohibits tailgating in all city-owned parking lots. The ordinance was put in place to help ensure the safety of all guests and to prevent damage to property.
While you can’t tailgate in the traditional sense, there are a few things you can do to enjoy the pre-game atmosphere outside of the arena. You can grab a bite to eat or drink at one of the many restaurants or bars near the arena. You can also catch some live music or do some shopping.
Alternative transportation options to SAP Center at San Jose
The SAP Center at San Jose offers a variety of alternative transportation options besides driving, making your visit more convenient and eco-friendly. Here are some choices for you to consider:
- Caltrain: This commuter rail line provides convenient service between San Francisco and San Jose, with a stop right across the street from the SAP Center at San Jose Diridon Station. Check the schedule for weekday and weekend service, especially during events, as weekend service may be limited.
- VTA Light Rail: The Vasona Light Rail line connects Campbell to SAP Center and beyond, with stops at Diridon Station and on San Fernando Street. This is a good option for those coming from the south or east San Jose area.
- VTA Buses: Several VTA bus routes stop near the SAP Center, including the 22, 64A, RAPID 522, and others. Check the VTA website or app for specific routes and schedules.
- Bike Sharing: Bay Area Bike Share (BABS) has a station near Diridon Station, offering a convenient option for a short ride to the SAP Center.
- Ride-sharing: Services like Uber, Lyft, and Wing can be convenient, especially for late-night events or if you’re coming from a farther distance.
- Scooters: Lime and Bird offer electric scooters for rent, providing a quick and fun way to get around.
- SAP Center Transportation website: https://sapcentertransport.com/
- VTA website: https://www.vta.org/
- Caltrain website: https://www.caltrain.com/fares/how-buy
- Bay Area Bike Share website: https://www.kaggle.com/datasets/benhamner/sf-bay-area-bike-share
Enjoy Your Visit to SAP Center at San Jose
Navigating SAP Center parking doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Armed with this comprehensive guide, you’re equipped with insider tips, strategic insights, and essential information to optimize your parking experience.
Enjoy your visit to the SAP Center with hassle-free parking, making memorable moments without the stress of finding the perfect spot.