If you’re heading to Soldier Field for an event or a game, it’s essential to be aware of the bag policy in place. Soldier Field Bag Policy is designed to ensure safety and convenience for all attendees.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a complete overview of the Soldier Field bag policy, its implications, and everything you need to know to make your visit a memorable one.
Soldier Field Bag Policy
Soldier Field bag policy is in place for all events, including Chicago Bears games, Chicago Fire FC games, and concerts. The policy is designed to expedite the entry process and enhance security.
Approved bags at Soldier Field Stadium:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or 30.5 x 15.25 x 30.5 cm
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags
- Small clutch bags, no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap
Prohibited bags inside Soldier Field:
- All other types of bags, including purses, backpacks, fanny packs, briefcases, and diaper bags
- Medical bags and kits are permitted, but must be searched and approved by security and EMS.
- Diaper bags are permitted, but diapers must be carried in a clear plastic bag.
Permitted Items at Soldier Field
The following items are permitted at Soldier Field:
- One (per person) of the following bags:
- Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bag that does not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag
- Women’s clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″
- Medical bags for accompanying patron
- Food for personal consumption in a non-prohibited container
- Small cameras
- Cell phones and other small electronic devices
- Blankets and seat cushions without pockets or zippers
Soldier Field Prohibited items
The following items or materials are prohibited in bags when attending events at Soldier Field:
- Bags: Only clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC bags that do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″ are allowed. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags and small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ are also allowed. All other bags, including backpacks, fanny packs, and diaper bags, are prohibited.
- Weapons: All weapons, including firearms, knives, and other dangerous objects, are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages and “Palcohol” (Powdered Alcohol): Alcohol and powdered alcohol are not allowed in the stadium.
- Seat cushions: Seat cushions with zippered covers, pockets, or flaps are prohibited.
- Balloons and beach balls: Balloons and beach balls are not allowed in the stadium.
- Cameras: Cameras with lenses that exceed 6″ when fully extended are prohibited.
- Cans, bottles, or other beverage containers: All cans, bottles, and other beverage containers are prohibited, including sealed plastic water bottles.
- Clothing or signage with offensive or vulgar language or that blocks fans’ view: Clothing or signage with offensive or vulgar language or that blocks fans’ view is prohibited.
- Confetti: Confetti is prohibited.
- Fireworks, smoke bombs, and sparklers: Fireworks, smoke bombs, and sparklers are prohibited.
- Illegal drugs: Illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Laser pens and pointers: Laser pens and pointers are prohibited.
- Noise-making devices (e.g., horns, whistles, etc.): Noise-making devices are prohibited.
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities): Animals, other than service animals to aid persons with disabilities, are prohibited.
Security Check at Soldier Field
FAQs: Soldier Field Bag Policy
Is there a designated area at Soldier Field for bag storage or locker rentals?
Yes, there is a designated area at Soldier Field for bag storage and locker rentals. The bag check lockers are located at the 18th St. Turnaround located south of Soldier Field along the pedestrian walk-way after you pass through the tunnel under Lake Shore Drive. The cost for locker rentals is $10 per day.
What should I do if my bag does not meet the Soldier Field Bag Policy standards?
If your bag does not meet the Soldier Field Bag Policy standards, you will have to either return it to your car, store it at a nearby business, or purchase a locker at one of the many companies that offer luggage storage and locker rental services near Soldier Field.
How early should I arrive at Soldier Field to ensure a smooth security check related to the bag policy?
It is recommended to arrive at Soldier Field at least 2 hours before the event start time to ensure a smooth security check related to the bag policy. This will give you enough time to find your gate, go through security, and find your seat.
If you are bringing a bag, be sure to review the Soldier Field Bag Policy before you arrive. This policy is in place to ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
Does Soldier Field use metal detectors?
Yes, Soldier Field uses metal detectors to screen all guests entering the stadium. This is part of the NFL’s Enhanced Security Measures policy.
Guests are required to walk through a metal detector before entering the stadium. If the metal detector detects something, the guest will be asked to re-check their pockets or go through the metal detector again. If the metal detector continues to detect something, the guest may be screened with a hand-held metal detector.
Enjoy Your Visit to Soldier Field Stadium
Knowing and understanding the Soldier Field Bag Policy is essential for a smooth and enjoyable experience when attending an event at Soldier Field. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a hassle-free entry and a safe environment for all.
Enjoy the game or event, and cheer for your favorite team or artist without any worries about the bag policy.
Remember that security measures are in place to protect everyone, and we all play a role in ensuring a safe and enjoyable time at Soldier Field.