Welcome to the comprehensive Xcel Energy Center Parking Guide, your go-to resource for a hassle-free event experience.
Whether you’re attending a concert, game, or special event, understanding the Xcel center parking dynamics is crucial.
This guide is designed to provide you with expert insights and practical tips to navigate parking at the Xcel Energy Center.
Xcel Energy Center Parking Map
Xcel Energy Center Location and Parking Overview
The Xcel Energy Center is located in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, Minnesota, at the corner of West Kellogg Boulevard and West 7th Street. It’s easily accessible from all points of the compass thanks to its proximity to major freeways like Interstate 94 and 35E.
- Address: 199 W Kellogg Blvd, Saint Paul, MN 55102, USA
- Intersection: West Kellogg Boulevard and West 7th Street
- Landmark: Easily accessible from Interstates 94 and 35E
- Seating Chart: Xcel Energy Center Seating Guide
The Xcel Energy Center is served by two main parking ramps:
- RiverCentre Parking Ramp: This ramp is located directly across the street from the arena and offers convenient skyway access. It has a height clearance of 6 feet, 9 inches.
- Kellogg Parking Ramp: This ramp is also connected to the arena via skyway and is located just a short walk away. It has a height clearance of 7 feet, 6 inches.
Both ramps offer event-day parking on a first-come, first-served basis.
Advance parking can be purchased through ParkWhiz for select events.
Additional parking options are available in the surrounding area, including surface lots and other ramps. You can find an interactive map of downtown Saint Paul parking here: https://www.stpaul.gov/parking-saint-paul
Best Xcel Energy Center Parking options
The “best” Xcel Energy Center parking option depends on your priorities, such as budget, convenience, walkability, and event type. Here’s a breakdown of some options to help you decide:
- RiverCentre and Kellogg Parking Ramps: Directly connected to the center, most convenient, but also the most expensive ($20 per event typically). Pre-booking through ParkWhiz isn’t available.
- West 5th St. Lawson Ramp: Close to the center, slightly cheaper than on-site ramps ($25 per game), but limited availability.
- Value Parking: Most affordable option ($10 per game), located off-site with a free shuttle service to the arena. Good for budget-conscious fans who don’t mind a short ride.
- Star Tribune Lot: East side of the arena, easy access, priced at $15 per game. A good balance between cost and convenience.
- Other nearby garages and lots: Various options at different price points and walking distances (check Parkopedia or SpotHero for details).
How much is parking at Xcel Energy Center?
Parking at Xcel Energy Center varies by event and day. Expect pricier, connected ramps like Kellogg and RiverCentre for $11-$25. Look for $5-$15 options in nearby ramps or lots.
Weekday and off-peak events often offer lower costs. Consider free street parking further out, though it might involve a walk.
For guaranteed parking spots and potential discounts, pre-book via ParkWhiz or SpotHero. Research your specific event and compare prices before driving in!
Affordable parking near Xcel Energy Center
Ditch the pricey parking near Xcel Energy Center! Score budget-friendly parking near Xcel Energy Center. Street meters offer two-hour bites for $2, just navigate those Kellogg, Wabasha, and 6th Street blocks.
For a covered option, Landmark Towers Ramp charges a mere $4 for the first two hours. Need convenience? Private ramps like RiverCentre (skyway-connected!) and Kellogg cater for a premium.
If you’re coming from afar, Park and Ride delivers you for $5 with free parking. Book online, arrive early, or consider biking or buses – your wallet (and the planet) will thank you!
Are there free parking spaces near Xcel Energy Center?
Yes, there are a few options for free parking near the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. However, the availability of these options may vary depending on the day of the week and the time of day, as well as any special events happening at the center.
Weekdays after 8pm or weekends offer free street parking north of I-35E, near Summit and Selby.
For a quicker option, Ramsey County Library at Wabasha St. E has free parking till 9pm, a 10-minute walk away.
If timing allows, Como Park offers ample free parking, but it’s a 20-minute walk. Remember, major events can fill up free spots fast, so consider paid options on those days or arrive early.
How early should I arrive to secure parking at Xcel Energy Center?
Securing Parking at Xcel Energy Center depends on the event and your parking preferences.
Guaranteed Onsite Parking:
- Major Events: Arrive 2-3 hours early (weekends/holidays).
- Weeknight Events: 1-2 hours should suffice.
- Offsite Garages: Fill up later, but require a walk.
- Street Parking: Free, but limited and requires attention to signs.
Handicap accessible parking near Xcel Energy Center
The Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, offers convenient and accessible parking options for guests with disabilities. Here are the two closest parking ramps with designated accessible spaces:
- RiverCentre Parking Ramp: This ramp is directly connected to the Xcel Energy Center via a skyway, making it the most convenient option for those with mobility limitations. It has designated accessible parking spaces on multiple levels.
- Kellogg Parking Ramp: This ramp is also located close to the Xcel Energy Center and has accessible parking spaces available. However, there is no direct skyway connection, so you will need to walk a short distance to the arena.
Accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended to arrive early, especially for major events.
A valid disabled parking permit or license plate is required to use accessible parking spaces.
There is an accessible drop-off area located at the southeast entrance (Gate 1) of the Xcel Energy Center. This is a convenient option for those who need assistance getting in and out of the vehicle.
For more information about accessible parking and other accessibility features at the Xcel Energy Center, please visit the venue’s website or call the box office at 651-223-5795.
Reserved parking options at Xcel Energy Center
Skip the parking frenzy at Xcel Energy Center! Secure your spot in advance with ParkMobile (official partner) or SpotHero (compare prices).
Score pre-paid passes for specific events, or splurge on valet service for ultimate convenience. For everyday events, try the RiverCentre or Kellogg ramps on a first-come basis.
Remember, oversized vehicles need alternative parking, and street options might have time limits.
Public transportation alternatives to Xcel Energy Center parking
If you’re looking for public transportation alternatives to parking at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, you have several great options! Here are some choices depending on your preference and location:
- Green Line: The Metro Transit Green Line conveniently stops right outside the Xcel Energy Center, making it an easy and direct option. A one-way ticket costs $2.75, and the ride takes about 20-30 minutes depending on your starting point.
- Metro Transit: Several routes run near or directly to the Center, including the 21, 84, and 94. Fares start at $1. You can use Metro Transit’s online trip planner to find the best route for your origin: https://www.metrotransit.org/trip-planner.
- Free Ride with Wild Tickets: During Minnesota Wild games, you can ride any Metro Transit bus or train for FREE with your game ticket or stub for that day! This can be a fantastic option for fans coming from other areas.
Enjoy Your Visit to Xcel Energy Center
Navigating the Xcel Energy Center parking is now an informed and stress-free experience. Armed with insider tips, comprehensive insights, and answers to common queries, you’re ready to make the most of your event day.
Whether you opt for standard parking or indulge in VIP options, this guide ensures you’re well-prepared for a seamless and enjoyable visit to Xcel Energy Center